Remote participation via videoconference:
As an alternative to in-person visits, SHARP may be able to accomodate remote study participation via mail, phone or videoconference.
If driving with GPS:
- Use the address:
3710 SW US Veterans Hospital Rd
Portland, OR 97221
- Follow signs to the VA Patient/Visitor parking garage. If stopped at the gate, tell the guard you are here for a research study with Dr. Lim.
- Take the garage elevators up to the main hospital lobby.
If coming by bus:
Buses that drop off at the VA: #8, #61, #64, #65, #66, #68. If taking one of the VA stop bus lines, ride until the stop “VA Main Hospital.”
Buses that drop off at the OHSU waterfront (then take tram up:) #9, #17, #35, MAX Orange LIne, NS Line Streetcar, B loop Streetcar, A loop Streetcar
From the Aerial Tram Terminal:
- Take the aerial tram up to OHSU ($4.00 up, free to ride down)
- Walk through the hospital
- Turn left at the OHSU hostial main lobby, following signs to the VA
- Take the OHSU skybridge to the VA (2nd floor of the Main Hospital)
- Take the elevator or stairs down to the 1st floor of the hospital and meet in the lobby (look for the grand piano next to the elevators.)
You know you are in the Main Hospital lobby by seeing a flagpole out front. Look for the help desk, coffee stand, and a grand piano next to the elevators.
Tram cost is waived with proof of active military or retired Veteran ID card.