Join a Study
- SHARP conducts vitally important, impactful research studies in a dynamic and engaging scientific environment.
- We are committed to performing ethical research at the highest possible scientific standards.
- We respect diverse strengths and backgrounds, and we welcome a culture of lifelong learning and feedback through active mentorship at all levels.
- We value teamwork, creativity, independence, organization, transparency, responsibility, perseverance, scientific rigor and professionalism.
About Our Research
Sleep research is a multidisciplinary field, at the crossroads of neuroscience, biology, physiology, medicine, mental health and wellbeing, and even philosophy. Our team members hail from diverse backgrounds including:
- Scientists – neuroscientists, physiologists, physicists, computer scientists, systems scientists
- Clinicians – neurologists, psychologists, nurses, personal trainers, health coaches
- Engineers – electrical and mechanical engineers, materials scientists
- Students – undergraduate, masters, and PhD graduate students
We are grateful to receive funding support from many sources of the years, including the Department of Veterans Affairs, Department of Defense, National Institutes of Health, National Science Foundation, Center for Neuroscience and Regenerative Medicine, American Sleep Medicine Foundation, Medical Research Foundation of Oregon, Collins Medical Trust, Brain & Behavior Foundation, Paul G. Allen Family Foundation, Hartford Foundation, Parkinson’s Center of Oregon, Pacific Northwest National Laboratories, OHSU Oregon Clinical and Translational Research Institute, OHSU Oregon Institute of Occupational Health Sciences, and the Portland VA Research Foundation (PVARF).